Friday, December 8, 2017

Welcome to Voice of Hope

In this (my first blog post), I want to give you a taste of what is in store for future blog posts. Hopefully, this first blog post will give you a feel for the style and intent of this blog. Hopefully, this blog post will inspire you to subscribe to receive updates as they are posted.

Here we go!

Today’s World
Today’s world is filled with strife and turmoil. Because of that, I need a place where I can find words of encouragement… words of hope to help get me through the day. Friends, I feel like I am a strong Christian woman, but there are times when I need help. There are times when I need a word, a scripture, or a song to help lift my spirit just enough to keep me moving through my day. Do you have days like that? I suspect some… maybe many of us do.

Listen, I don’t need anything profound or striking - just words that shake me up a little, words that make sense and words that help bring me out of a slump or downward spiral.

Help!
No matter how strong we are, if we are being honest with ourselves we know we have those days when things get out of hand and we need help to catch ourselves. We need a crutch to keep ourselves from falling. But, what do we hold on to? Where do we go? What do we do? So many questions!!! Right?!!!

For most of my adult life, I have been a Christian person. I have been a leader in Christian ministries, I held Bible study in my home, I even served as a worship leader. You would think I had it all together, Right?!!! Well, believe it or not, I have the same struggles as any ordinary person. I have the same questions, and the same desires to find solutions to everyday problems. Fortunately, I have parents who are the best counselors any person could ever have on earth. Unfortunately, when I was a child, I rebelled and did not apply much of what my parents tried to teach me, but now as an adult, I realize their approach to life works quite well, especially in a world that is filled with chaos.

After trying to live life my way, struggling, and failing, I decided to try living life the way my parents taught me to live. After all, as I recall, they always seemed to have it together no matter what was happening in the world.  Fortunately, I started recalling my parents' teachings and applying their wisdom to my life. Today, I am a happier person. Today, thanks to my mom and dad, I find that life is better when I apply their simple life habits to all life issues, both simple and complex.

Voice of Hope
I figured it out! My parents lived a simple life, but they had everything people need to live a glorious lifestyle. Quite simply, they had the best life has to offer. They did not have any secret or magical solutions. Quite frankly, they lived a life of simple, logical structure.

My father has left this earth and gone on to live in heaven. He is survived by his children and their mother... my mother. I love my parents and I have made it a life goal to learn to live the life that both of my parents lived and one that my mother still lives today. Following my parents' life lessons has made life easier for me and I want to share my parents' teaching with you, so I created the Voice of Hope page to share words and scriptures taught to me by my parents. I also include songs, and inspirational quotes that help keep my life moving forward when it feels like everything is crashing down on me. I hope the things I share here in this blog will help you as much as they have helped me.

Voice of Hope is not a place to find solutions. Instead, it is a place to find rest. It is a place to find peace of mind.

Yes, Voice of Hope has a Christian slant. That is because I was raised to be a Christian woman. And, today, I am a Christian woman with a desire to grow strong in the Christian world.

Even if you are not a professed Christian person, I hope you still find inspiration here. I promise not to be too “preachy.” At the same time, I promise to deliver wholesome concepts that are derived from Christian values. So, whether you believe in God or some other higher power; whether you believe in no God at all, I hope you find peace here at Voice of Hope.

Video of Hope
A song that lifts my spirit every time I hear it is a song called, The Prayer, originally sung by Andrea Bocelli and Céline Dione. The version of the song that I share here is sung by Josh Groban and Céline Dione. 


When you listen to Dione’s introduction of the person selected to sing the duet with her, you discover a message of hope for anyone aspiring to accomplish great things in their chosen life and/or career.


In this video, you will hear, prior to the performance, Dione introducing Josh Groban. She describes a young, aspiring singer who is asked, at a last minute, spur of the moment request, to stand in during a concert, for the great Andrea Bocelli. Then, after the performance, Groban shares a touching story of how honored he is to have had such a wonderful experience to be able to sing with the amazing Céline Dione.

Please listen to the following song in a quiet place of uninterrupted time. Feel the sense of peace as the music penetrates your soul and the lyrics move you to know that no matter what is going on in your life right now, things will get better.


Ladies and gentlemen, please click on the video to hear the amazing Céline Dione and Josh Groban in The Prayer.

Scripture of Hope
“For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe." 
--1 Timothy 4:10 Revised Standard 
Quote of Hope

"Infuse your life with action. Don’t wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen… yourself, right now, right down here on Earth." --By Bradly Whitford
Bradly Whitford is an American actor and political activist.



Hope for Everyone
In this world, the United States of America, anyone, at any time, can have a moment just like the one experienced by Groban.

Be strong! Be creative! Be happy! Be you!

Blessings to you!

Marlene Bertrand
Writer, Voice of Hope

Photo Attribution:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nine Conversation Starters for People Without the Gift of Gab

There was a time when I was envious of people who could walk up to a total stranger and strike up a conversation. You’ve seen them, stand...